In exactly seventeen days, I’ll be heading home to New York for a little less than a month *jumps up and down in excitement*. I can’t believe I’m about to end my last Fall semester in college and begin my last semester ever in college. That’s cool. And scary. But whatever.
After reading this article on HerCampus – PS Marymount has a chapter launching soon (like the Facebook page for updates) – I realized that it’s extremely difficult to pack for winter break. It’s hard not to pack your entire room up and bring home, but it’s also hard to just take one suitcase. This is how I usually feel while packing for an extended trip:
So I came up with my own list of what I need to bring home.
1. Scarves – Easy to pack and throw over the white long-sleeve you’ve been wearing for three days in a row.
2. A good book – For those days when you’re so bored that you don’t even know what to do with yourself.
3. Chargers – There is nothing more frustrating than forgetting to pack your laptop charger.
4. Dirty laundry – So I’ll have fresh clothes while I’m home (Courtesy of Bon, aka my mom).
5. Hair supplies – Sometimes I regret not bringing my straightener or curling iron home.
Have you ever been on an extended vacation?