Attention: THE STYLE MIND IS BACK!!! And what a better what to start up again than with Carly of The College Prepster ?!
I’ve been a big follower of Carly’s blog for about a year now, and I think her style is the epitome of classic prep – her world is filled with monograms, pearls and some pretty amazing outfits! She also happens to be super sweet and down to earth! After moving to NYC from DC (she attended Georgetown, which happens to be 10 minutes from Marymount!), I thought we would have a lot in common since we kind of swapped locations (I went from New York to Virginia) – which is why I asked her to be the “kick-off” to The Style Mind series!
1. Where did you attend college?
Georgetown University, Marketing, 2012
2. What is your current position?
Director of New Media at Levo League
3. How would you describe your style?
Classic and comfortable!
4. Who are your ultimate style icons?
Jenna Lyons is pretty amazing!
5. Where are your favorite places to shop?
J. Crew, Anthropologie, and Shopbop
6. What’s more important: frequently shopping or utilizing what’s in your closet?
Both! I think it’s all about mixing in new pieces with what you have.
7. What is one trend you love, but don’t think you could pull off?
I love when other people mix prints/patterns!
8. Three favorite trends – go:
Chambray, high waisted shorts, top-knots
9. Who are your lust-worthy designers?
DVF. I want my entire closet to be DVF.
10. What is your typical go-to-work outfit?
We have a super casual dress code (yoga pants are totally acceptable). I like wearing fun dresses with blazers though!
11. And finally, what’s the biggest piece of advice you can give to stylish college students?
Don’t be afraid to explore all your options when you’re in college. It’s the safest time to explore different passions, industries and experiences. Go for anything and everything and really try to narrow in on the things that make your heart beat faster.
Thanks again, Carly! If you haven’t already, make sure to follow Carly on Instagram, Twitter and her blog!