In today’s world it seems like nobody relaxes. We’re all too caught up in our work, our school, our love life, or whatever other kind of life you may have. Sometimes relaxing is hard, and other times we beg for it.
With my upcoming internship, I feel like it’s going to be imperative to use weekends to just relax. For the past two weeks, I’ve been “bored”, just sitting on the couch all day and doing nothing productive. Once my internship starts, I’ll have to use my weekends to be more productive and get things done all while trying to relax. I’ve been starting to think of more ways to do this.
Steps to a relaxing, yet productive weekend
1. Stay away from the couch || I tend to get out of bed in the morning and head straight to the couch. And then sleep. All day. So yeah, definitely need to stay away from the couch.
2. Make a to-do list || I have my planner on my 24/7. My friends make fun of me because even when I’m not writing in it, I just flip through the pages or touch it. I make to-do lists, lists for my to-do lists, etc. When in doubt, make a list. Can’t go wrong with a list.
3. Run some errands || Whether it’s grocery shopping or actual shopping, or getting some Starbucks, getting out of the house for a little is always a good thing. Especially if it’s a nice day – I always like driving with the windows down to get some fresh air.
4. Work out more || It’s been so hard for me to get up and go workout or go for a run. Once I start my internship, I know I’ll be able to create a set schedule for when I can go to a class or for a run.
5. Get dressed || As soon as I wake up, I need to get in the shower and get dressed. When I’m in my pajamas, I’m more than likely going to sit around all day. Put on a cute pair of shoes or sandals and head out to run those errands.
How do you stay relaxed?