Kate Spade’s Things We Love is without a doubt my latest obsession. I can’t get enough of it – and I’m excited that we still have 11 months left of new themes. This month’s focus was “Pop of Color”. I’ve been trying to incorporate little (and big) pops of color into my everyday looks. Here are a few things I’ve been working with!
1. Playful Umbrella || I think we can all agree that rainy days are no fun, especially when I need to give a tour in the torrential down pour. BUT, it shouldn’t stop me from having a little fun to brighten up my day a little. Fun and playful umbrellas could be a great way to smile as you’re walking to class or work. I think yellow umbrellas are the best, like the classic color of all umbrellas.
2. Colored Lip || A red lip ALWAYS takes an outfit from 0 to 60. I know when I first started wearing lipstick everyday, I was hesitant to wear red. I didn’t know if it would be too much, and I couldn’t find a shade that lasted hours! So, I started out with soft shades of pink and then even wore plum. I wore red to big events: New Year’s Eve, evening parties, fashion events and to work. Now, I see red lips as an accessory, and not a statement.
3. Fun Stationery || I don’t know about you, but I still love handwritten notes. There’s something about it that makes it so personal, so I try writing notes to my loved ones as much as possible. Kate Spade stationery always has fun lining to their envelopes, which makes opening up a message from someone you love that much more special!
4. Unexpected Clutch || Book clutches are seriously MY FAVORITE! Since I’m a nerd, I usually have a book in my hand anyway, but imagine watching someone pull their wallet or lipgloss out of a book! Mind-blowing, right?
5. Subtle Color || If you’re not ready to take the plunge and wear hot pink denim, or just don’t feel comfortable wearing red lips around campus – no worries! Earrings, and other accessories, are a great way to make a neutral outfit pop. Kate Spade gumdrops are the perfect subtle pop of color!
Any other “pop of color” items I’m missing?
PS: Get excited for February’s “Things We Love” theme!